Sunday, August 2, 2009

Arcless, hairless, etc.

Dear Shiddy,

I think maybe you glossed over the whole white hair thing rather quickly and without due coverage. WHAT? While I am no stranger to impulsive hair choices (impulsive for the purposes of this post shall mean 'mind-fucking and agonizing over it for weeks but then ultimately making a split-second decision to do it'), I have successfully avoided it for the last few years. There are some key memories I've tucked away in dark recesses which I allow to surface briefly when there is immediate danger of me repeating a bad style decision. For example, beginning 11th grade with shoulder length straight hair and one week into the semester getting it razor-cut (basically shaved) off. Instantly I added about 40 years to my "look" and it was clear I had just walked out of a fiber ad.

P.S. I had one of those awesome high school girlfriends who relished my every misstep. She dramatically fell down a half-flight of stairs after seeing my haircut during the change of classes. She made a monkey face combining alarm and glee (schadenfreude?) and lunged over the railing. Things were never the same between us after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment